On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 11:15:47PM +1000, Stuart Longland wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've got a few silly questions regarding OpenSMTPD??? I'd ask on the
> opensmtpd misc mailing list, but my subscribe requests keep bouncing
> after a few days.  Since I'm running OpenSMTPD on OpenBSD, I figure
> they're on-topic here too.

I can probably help with this ;-)

> [...]
>
> First and foremost is the issue of backscatter-prevention.  I would like
> OpenSMTPD to validate the addresses passed to it before accepting them
> for relay to my primary MX.  In Postfix I can put
>
>   relay_recipient_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/valid_recipients
>
> into /etc/postfix/main.cf and fill that valid_recipients file with
>
>       f...@example.com x
>       b...@example.com        x
>
> I can come up with a full list -- no problem, but the question is how do
> I encode this list into the configuration of OpenSMTPD so that if the
> list contained f...@example.com and b...@example.com, but someone tries
> sending to foo...@example.com, that RCPT TO request is rejected before
> the email delivery begins.

How you do it depends on which version you are running.

before 6.4:

  accept [...] recipient <table> [...]

after 6.4:

  match [..] rcpt-to <table> [...]

where table is a table containing a list of recipient addresses for that
rule to match.

> Second is about how to define custom mail transports.  Rather than using
> SMTP/SSL like I am now, I'd like the emails destined for relay to my
> server, to be encrypted using a RSA key, (well, AES, then RSA encrypt
> the AES key) then either:
> - scp'd to a special spool directory on my Linux server??? OR if it
> happens to be down,
> - placed in a special directory on the VPS for my server to later ciphon
> down using `rsync --remove-source-files` over SSH.  (Basically, a bit
> like UUCP.)

no custom mail transports in smtpd.

a way to achieve what you want is to write a custom mda, and this is
actually how i did it to achieve a use-case similar to yours in the
past.

--
Gilles Chehade                                                 @poolpOrg

https://www.poolp.org                 tip me: https://paypal.me/poolpOrg