Hi list,

while doing some reading on secure software development
(//www.ranum.com/security/computer_security/archives/security-for-developers.pdf)
I came across the advice "always link your priviliged binaries
statically".

However a quick check on my system revealed me almost all suid/sgid
programs being dynamically linked (the two exceptions traceroute/traceroute6
startle me even more).

Since the advice makes sense to me (it keeps some rather
complicated machinery out of delicate matters)
I'm wondering why it is not followed on OpenBSD.

Are there other ways to simply 'do this right'?

I would apreciate any pointers for further reading on that matter.

No trolling intended, I'm just curious.

kind regards
tilo