On 2019-02-05 14:03, Ales Tepina wrote:
On Mon, Aug 06, 2018 at 04:52:04PM -0700, Jordan Geoghegan wrote:

On 08/06/18 10:24, Scott Bonds wrote:
> On 08/05, Jordan Geoghegan wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I thought I would share a couple scripts I wrote to block ads and
> > bad hosts. I have found them to increase web-browsing speed and
> > reduce battery consumption, especially on mobile devices. They also
> > help reduce pop ups and fake sites, especially on mobile/in apps.
> >
> > I have also found pf-badhost to reduce noise in my httpd/ssh auth
> > logs. I used to get over 10,000 ssh attempts per day on my router,
> > now I usually get less than 100 a day. Another added benefit of
> > pf-badhost is that it blocks Shodan scans, which may appeal to some.
> >
> > I shared a similar script on misc@ earlier this year and received
> > positive feedback, so I thought I would clean up the scripts and
> > write a how-to guide.
> >
> > Enjoy!
> >
> > https:/www.geoghegan.ca
> >
> > https://www.geoghegan.ca/pfbadhost.html
> >
> > https://www.geoghegan.ca/unbound-adblock.html
> >

> Very nice, thank you for sharing and for the nicely written guides.
Thanks Scott!
 I plan to update pf-badhost to also support geoblocking by country / region
in the near future. Stay tuned.

Cheers,

Jordan

Jordan, hi!

Any news/progress on the geoblocking by country part? Looking forward to it.

Regards, Ales

Hi
I wrote a shell script that uses source addresses from ipdeny.com:

https://github.com/elasmo/misc-scripts/blob/master/geoipblock.sh

Regards
Johan