On 2019-02-06, Patrick <jum...@yahoo.de> wrote:
> My nat rule use the parenthesis and all other devices behind the
> firewall works fine. I think it’s more a specific issue with the SPA112.
> I have also set the ruleset optimization to conservative but in this
> case the generated state has just a longer time to live. This isn’t the
> problem because the SPA112 sends regular keep alive packets which reset
> the counter for the state.

Setting to 'conservative' (i.e. hanging on to states for longer) can't
help with this.

Using parentheses won't help either, that means "do a lookup at state
creation time", but you aren't getting a new state created because the
old one hasn't expired.

> Here the related rules:
> pass out quick on egress inet from (vether0:network) nat-to (egress) modulate
> state
> pass in on egress inet proto udp from <sipprovider> to (egress) port 5060
>
> As I’m just reading again my rules. Is the modulate state the problem?
> Or will pf use keep state for UDP packets as the default?

PF uses "keep state" by default, and "keep state" is required for NAT.

I think your main options are:

- use a *shorter* timeout for this rule (this can be set per-rule
and overrides the default from "set optimization") and have a port
forward rule so that incoming packets still work even when the
state has timed out

- arrange a way to flush these states when the IP changes

The first of these is probably easiest if you can do it ..