On Fri, Mar 08, 2019 at 12:09:22PM +0000, daffodil...@protonmail.ch wrote:
> I installed OpenBSD on my home server with the intention of running Wordpress
> and some other things (maybe a TOR relay, I don't know). After installing, I
> used some online guides to get PHP and MySQL as well as httpd (not apache)
> set up. But after setting up Wordpress, I was getting some errors I was
> unable to debug (unable to post content, unable to crop images, etc.)
>
> Now I'm thinking instead to run Linux in a VM to host Wordpress but keeping
> OpenBSD on the machine as the base operating system. What settings do I need
> to alter in order to serve http and https from a VM? And is this a normal
> kind of setup or should I work harder at just debugging what is wrong with
> Wordpress on the OpenBSD setup?

I'm going to guess you are using either httpd(8) or the nginx package
as your web server.  If so, you will need to create a copy of /etc/resolv.conf
as /var/www/etc/resolv.conf.  Both web servers run in a chroot(2) at
/var/www.  After creating the directory and copying the file, restart your
phpXX_fpm daemon.

It was just a guess, of course, because you didn't state what you're using,
or what you've done.