On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 2:31 AM Ted Unangst <t...@tedunangst.com> wrote:

> Boris Epstein wrote:
> > Thanks. It makes sense to be able to select login methods under some
> > circumstances - but do I have an option of forcing the user to log in
> using
> > a predetermined set of methods (for instance, password and then a secure
> > key, or password and Yubkey, or password and SSL key)?
>
> If you want to require two methods, you have to specify a combined method,
> with an appropriate utility in /usr/libexec/auth. This is tricky because
> the
> API only allows for one challenge/response, not a series of them. (Unless
> I'm
> mistaken.)

It is interesting because some people mention combined methods - like SSL
hostkey + some second factor being used just in that fashion:

https://chown.me/blog/2FA-with-ssh-on-OpenBSD.html

But based on my experience thus far it looks like Ted is right. So I may
have to write a utility for combined login. What should that utility do -
call the two methods in question and return true or false depending on
whether they succeed?

Thanks for all the help.

Boris.