Hi,

I just thought I should point out the fact that some
Sun systems need firmware updates. The 220R specifically
needed an update on the system that was used for the
initial OpenBSD/sparc64 port, I do not know the details
as to why that was necessary.

Unfortunately with the change in licensing of Solaris and
the way Sun supports Solaris and their systems you can no
longer download these updates from the SunSolve FTP site
without a support contract. I do not know if its possible
to find these updates elsewhere.

>From INSTALL.sparc64...

Updating your firmware:
-----------------------

If OpenBSD does not boot or install properly on your machine, it might need
a firmware update.

Updating your firmware is a dangerous operation which may damage your
hardware. Be sure to carefully follow these instructions and, if in doubt,
please don't do this.

You will need to have a working operating system installed on your machine,
in order to perform the update.  If this is not the case, you might be able
to boot the flash updater software via network, but this has not been tested
and is not supported by Sun.

The firmware update is delivered as a specific patch, depending on your
machine:

        Machine         Patch number
        Blade 100/150   111179
        Enterprise 220R 106455
        Enterprise 250  106503
        Enterprise 420R 109082
        Enterprise 450  106122
        Enterprise 3x00/4x00/5x00/6x00  103346
        Netra T1 200    111991
        Netra X1        111952
        Ultra 1         104881
        Ultra 1E        104288
        Ultra 2         104169
        Ultra 5/10      106121
        Ultra 30        105930
        Ultra 60        106455
        Ultra 80        109082

Get the patch installation notes from SunSolve, as
    ftp://sunsolve.sun.com/pub/patches/104169.readme
(replace 104169 with the correct patch number).
Check the Patch-ID# line in this readme file to get the patch filename, for
example 104169-08. The patch filename will then be either
    ftp://sunsolve.sun.com/pub/patches/104169-08.tar.Z
or
    ftp://sunsolve.sun.com/pub/patches/104169-08.zip

Follow the patch installation notes very carefully. You will need to open
your machine in order to apply this patch.