On 2019-04-09, Mark Schneider <m...@it-infrastrukturen.org> wrote:
> Hi Peter
>
> Thank you very much for your feedback.
>
> It looks like the performance issue is more complex than I have expected.
> Just for the test I have installed OpenBSD 6.4 and FreeBSD 13.0 on few
> different servers and compared results (details are in attached files).
>
> Pure network speed I have to test with sucht tools like tcpbench, iperf3
> or netperf to get independent of the mass storage stuff and other things.

It really depends what you want to test. It isn't clear from your mails
what the purpose of this is.

If that is packet forwarding performance, use separate machines either side
of the router, using tcpbench or iperf or various other high-speed packet
generators and sinks. There are big differences between forwarding and
application traffic.

OpenBSD will very likely come out with slower top speeds. But whether that's
important or not, again, depends on the situation.