Hello,

I have an OpenBSD 6.3 firewall cluster made out of two nodes (one master, one
backup) using CARP and pfsync. This cluster also makes use of trunk and vlan
interfaces.

Now I would first like to upgrade the cluster to 6.4 and then to 6.5 and was
wondering if it is possible to operate that cluster for a short amount of time
having one node running 6.3 and the other node with 6.4 and then the same for
going to 6.4 to 6.5.

Is this safe? or could there be any incompatibilities in carp/pfsync which
would prevent me to do that upgrade in two steps while keeping everything
online?

Cheers,
Mabi