On April 29, 2019 6:51:30 PM UTC, Benny <qwer...@protonmail.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am planning an openbsd arm AR glasses setup. Is it possible for Xorg
>to split an output into two, which I can use xrandr to mirror them?
>
>I have tried fakeXrandr which creates virtual monitors that can't be
>mirrored. Xephyr is not accelerated and I can't see a way to setup two
>ouput with it.
>
>Thanks.

I'm not sure why use the whole of Xorg, rather than a window/fullscreen with
what you actually would want to display.

VR applications may or may not be useful for your genus. The Arcan project may
interest you, as it has both some VR components, and the developer has tested
and documented setup on OpenBSD (https://arcan-fe.com/).
The most promising open-source VR framework is OpenHMD. It runs on OpenBSD, but
currently requires disabling the uhid driver of the VR headset in order to work
with Oculus, Vive, WMR etc. You could try it out with the port draft here:
https://thfr.info/cgi-bin/cvsweb/mystuff/comms/openhmd/