On 2019-06-30, Lévai  Dániel <l...@ecentrum.hu> wrote:
> I know (saw) this has come up numerous times, and someone has been
> successful, others weren't. I thought I'd try this out myself, and not
> surprisingly it wasn't successful :)
> I've been using these howtos [1] -- I know these can be outdated and/or
> simply wrong, I just wanted to get the general idea on how to tackle this.
> I've made it through a couple of hurdles but now I'm stuck and thought I'd
> ask some questions here.

L2TP+IPsec can be made to work, but to be perfectly honest, unless you
have a special reason (e.g. need to run this on a box which is also
doing other tunnels which *have* to be IKEv1), then I would switch to
IKEv2/iked and strongswan on Android (or the built-in client on Windows
or iOS), it is fast to connect and generally much more pleasant to use...

(I still use IKEv1/isakmpd for lan-to-lan tunnels but now try to avoid
it for standard "roaming client" type connections).