Hello,

I have an IKEv2 VPN server setup with OpenBSD + IKED + PF. Everything is
working properly - a single client device will properly route all traffic
through the VPN and exit from the VPN server via PF + NAT.

However, I experience errors with two clients simultaneously connecting. Both
clients appear to successfully connect, but I believe NAT issues are preventing
traffic from leaving the box, or confusing the two client traffic streams
during NAT. I’m looking for any clues / suggestions which may help achieve my
use case.

The internet suggests using unique “from CLIENTIPADDR” clauses for each
potential client in /etc/iked.conf - but I can’t tell ahead of time which CIDR
ranges my devices will be connecting from (Especially roaming cell phones).
Also, in some cases I may have two devices connecting from the same CIDR range.
I’m not even sure it’s an IKED issue, rather NAT.

Respectfully,
David Anthony

/etc/pf.conf
        set skip on lo
        block return
        match out on vio0 from 10.0.0.0/24 to any nat-to vio0
        pass
        block return in on ! lo0 proto tcp to port 6000:6010
        block return out log proto {tcp udp} user _pbuild

/etc/iked.conf
        ikev2 “inet” esp \
                from 0.0.0.0/0 to 10.0.0.0/24 \
                peer any \