On 2019-07-20, shadrock uhuru <niyal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Stuart
> thanks for the reply
>
> On 7/12/19 1:20 PM, owner-m...@openbsd.org wrote:
>>> hypothetical ipv4 Address and ipv6 prefix from zen:
>>> ND Prefix: aaaa:bbbb:cccc:dddd::/64
>>> PD Prefix: 1111:2222:3333::/48
>>> IPv4 Address:     12.34.56.78 (Subnet mask 255.255.255.255)
>>>     fw1 em0: 192.168.2.2 (lan)
>>>     fw1 em1: 12.34.56.78 (wan)
> i have taken carp out of the configuration which leaves me with:
>
> /etc/hostname.em0
> mtu 1508
> inet 192.168.2.2 255.255.255.0 NONE
>
> /etc/hostname.em1
> mtu 1508
> inet 12.34.56.78 255.255.255.255 NONE
> inet6 autoconf -autoconfprivacy -soii
>
> /etc/hostname.pppoe
> mtu 1500
> inet 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 0.0.0.1 pppoedev em1 authproto chap
> authname "XXX@isp" authkey "XXX" up
> dest 0.0.0.1
> inet6 eui64
> !/sbin/route add default -ifp pppoe0 0.0.0.1
> !/sbin/route add -inet6 default -ifp pppoe0 fe80::%pppoe0 -priority 8
>
> /etc/rad.conf
> interface em0
>
> dhcpcd to be added
>
>> If you need DHCPv6-PD then don't hardcode the addresses on the
>> inside interfaces, just let PD fetch them.(For the UK ISPs I'm most familiar
>> with, zen seems to need PD otherwise
>> they don't route the block to me, at least in the config they've got
>> on my user account
> by inside interfaces do you mean the lan facing nic on the firewall and
> any tun interfaces ?

Yes any lan facing nics. tun depends on what you are doing with them,
I haven't use that for ages.

> i am on zen also and will have a look at dhcpcd
>> question 5
>> Don't use autoconf on interfaces where you run rad(8), that is like
>> running dhclient and dhcpd on the same interface.
>>
> so remove autoconf from em0 ?

Yes.

> should i be using the mtu option in rad.conf to ensure that all nodes on
> a link use the same MTU value i.e. 1508 ?

No - the only place MTU should be set to 1508 is the "pppoedev" (parent
interface) for the pppoe connection, in your case em1.

> could you send examples of the following files to compare with mine for
> any misconfigurations on my side please.
> wan hostname file

pppoe is the "wan" interface. I guess you mean the pppoedev interface, em1 in
my case:

mtu 1508
up

> lan hostname file

Showing those will just add complication as I have multiple subnets
and they're all on vlans. Typically just "inet XX.XX.XX.XX/YY" in those,
no IPv6 setup.

> pppoe hostname file

mtu 1500
group zen
inet 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 0.0.0.1 pppoedev em1 authproto chap authname
"zenXXXXXX@zen" authkey "XXXXXXXXXXX" up
inet6 eui64
inet6 autoconf -autoconfprivacy
!/sbin/route add default -ifp pppoe1 0.0.0.1
!/sbin/route add -inet6 default -ifp pppoe1 fe80::%pppoe1 -priority 8

> rad.conf

just "interface" lines listing all the "lan" interfaces, e.g.

interface vlan2
interface vlan3
[...]

> dhcpcd.conf

the below tells it to fetch a handful of subnets from the ISP; one for
vlan2, one for vlan3, one for vlan4, etc. if you only have one "lan" /
"inside" interface then you would just list that instead of the
multiple vlan interfaces.

=====
ipv6only
noipv6rs
duid
persistent
option rapid_commit
require dhcp_server_identifier
slaac private
nohook resolv.conf, lookup-hostname
allowinterfaces pppoe1 vlan2 vlan3 vlan4 vlan5
script ""

interface pppoe1
  ia_na 1
  ia_pd 2 vlan2/1 vlan3/2 vlan4/3 vlan5/4