Gaby vanhegan wrote:
Hi,

I'm considering getting a Dell PowerEdge SC1420 SATA. We need a small, cheap server for hosting some websites and email. A dual PIII-733 generic server isn't cutting the mustard any more so it looks like it's time to spend money.

Has anybody managed to get the CERC SATA raid controller running on 3.8 or 3.9-stable? Alternatively, where's the cheapest source of LSI SATA cards? Can I boot from a system installed on an LSI card?
LSI cards, as has been talked to death in the archives, are GREAT cards, of course the work and boot properly. :-) Also, newegg usually has them at a good price. Brandon