On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 07:40:28AM -0500, Jordon wrote:
> Thanks - that fixed it.  I figured there was some cleanup or maintenance that
> needed to be done - i just didn't know how to do it.  In running pkg_check, i
> did get a lot of these:

Packages normally don't need maintenance.  What you're seeing looks like a
very unclean unmount at some point or a failing disk.

pkg_check will recover the best it can from these. It was originally written
for other developers, who tend to crash their testing kernels a lot...
shouldn't happen THAT much for non kernel developers/crash-test bunnies.