Hi Bruno,

AWESOME!! Thanks a lot! You can add "MX Vertical" to the list of the successfully tested pointing devices :D

I just made some minor changes as this mouse only has 2 additional physical buttons (no secondary wheel, nor anything else). I removed the WAxis and lowered the button numbers on the ZAxis:

Section "InputClass"
    Identifier "Logitech MX Vertical"
    MatchDriver "ws"
    Driver "ws"
    Option "Buttons" "16"
    Option "Device" "/dev/wsmouse"
    Option "Floating" "false"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "6 7"
EndSection

And adjusted xmodmap:

xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3 8 9 4 5 6 7 10 11 12 13 14 15 16"

This way everything works as expected! Nice!

Some time ago I also saw your other great guide about extra keys on USB keyboards (https://www.bsdhowto.ch/extrakeys.html) and used some ideas from it. I'd like to suggest one thing though: not to run usbhidaction from rc (it could be started under regular users from their WM startup scripts) and not to put the actual commands in the usbhidaction config, but rather to call from there xdotool for each button with the key codes to generate (e.g. "xdotool key XF86Mail" XF86LaunchA-Z, XF86AudioPlay/Stop, etc.) and then to capture them with xbindkeys.

If you exec programs directly by usbhidaction the way you launch it, they'd be executed under root and some users reading your guide may not understand the implications. Also this way it's impossible for each user to customize the actions.

I tried to go even further and to detect the keyboard when it's attached with hotplugd & usbdevs/lsusb (for vendor/product IDs), but then I couldn't solve the link between uhidev & uhid instances (https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=156499209423144&w=2). Please let me know if you have any idea how to solve this.

Regards,
Anatoli