On surface this is the correct configuration. I would try putting something like: echo "lock" >> /tmp/lock.log to /etc/apm/suspend to see if it's executed at all and then something like: pgrep xidle >> /tmp/lock.log to see if xidle is running at that moment, then ls /usr/local/bin/slock >> /tmp/lock.log.

Also would check for the correct permissions.

Please let us know what it was when you identify the problem.

BTW, you can put the timeout value and program to ~/.Xresources and just execute xidle &.