As to the initial question, I'd suggest Supermicro with the new AMD EPYC
Rome CPUs (I should receive them in november-december when NVMe-native
models are ready). Much better than Intel+Dell, though still proprietary.

If you are ok with something more exotic but more open and in server
class, you have Talos II from Raptor Computing:
https://secure.raptorcs.com/content/base/products.html, but to run
OpenBSD on it ppc64 arch support would be needed.

Some 2 years ago I was thinking about buying a Talos II Entry-Level
Developer System and sending it to some dev to get the support, but then
I learned about RISC-V (though it's not in the server class even in
mid-term plans).