On Sat, Oct 05, 2019 at 12:20:09PM +0100, Tom Smyth wrote:
> Hi all,
> My 5 year old son as a laptop .. Running OpenBSD 6.5 stable and im trying
> I figured current would be a little tricky for him :) ...
> I have tried to get minecraft working on it but I think I probably don't
> have enough ram...
> I have tried upping the staff limits in limits .conf etc..
> there also seems to be a bug with the current launcher that is included in
> ports
> as there is a "you need java script enabled to view this site" message
> displayed on the launcher after you click the play button ...
>
> Perhaps I just need to shell out for a laptop that will run x86-64 ..  :)
>
> Kindest regards,
> Tom Smyth.

I think it can run, but you may prefer running games/minetest, it's an
opensource minecraft clone which requires a LOT less ressources and
which should bring a lot of fun too.

The main difference would be the lack of monsters, less blocks and no
redstone, but there are lots of mods to fill thoses gaps IIRC.