Hi Jeffrey,

You should start by sending your complete dmesg (with the problematic
devices attached) so we all see what's your hardware.

Then, USB-C is a connector [1], it doesn't imply anything in particular.
What is important is the USB protocol version of your devices (on both
ends). It would help if you describe in detail some particular scenario
that you say doesn't work.

Regards,
Anatoli

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB-C