Hello,

I am experimenting with httpd's cgi options.

Why when I run binaries written in C from /var/www/cgi-bin, it's allowed
but if I use other compiled languages (ex: Haskell) I need to adjust the
wxallowed options for where /var/www/cgi-bin is mounted?

Is this due to where it says: "...The base system has no W^X-violating
programs, but the ports tree contains quite a few" in the following?
https://www.openbsd.org/faq/upgrade60.html

Additionally, if c/c++ are indeed the few compiled languages which do
not violate this option, where might one find a library to write a
C program which interacts with mysql/mariadb? So far, I have only found
mysql++ and would prefer not to use c++ unless there are no other
options. My goal is to write a simple REST api which interacts with
mysql, and serves via httpd. I already have one written in PHP, but
would like to port it to a compiled language.

Regards,

-J