On Fri, Nov 08, 2019 at 08:04:45PM +0000, Raf Czlonka wrote:
On Fri, Nov 08, 2019 at 05:45:23PM GMT, Dumitru Moldovan wrote:

Hi misc,

I see pkg_info's man page says:

   -Q query
       Show all packages in $PKG_PATH which match the given query.

Trying in 6.6 to find the Python module "mysqlclient", I get the
following puzzling results:

$ pkg_info -Q mysql
php-mysqli-7.2.24
php-mysqli-7.3.11
php-pdo_mysql-7.2.24
php-pdo_mysql-7.3.11

$ pkg_info -Q py-mysql
py-mysql-1.2.5p6
py-mysqlclient-1.4.2p0

Am I doing something wrong?  Why is "py-mysqlclient" not matched for
the first query?

Hi Dumitru,

Not only isn't "py-mysqlclient" matched, but also over 40 other
packages with "mysql" string.

How does your $PKG_PATH look like?

Thanks for looking into it!

$PKG_PATH is empty here, should have checked it first.  I get the
expected results with:

PKG_PATH=`cat /etc/installurl`/`uname -r`/packages/`uname -m`/ pkg_info -Q mysql

But now I don't understand why I got any results at all with an empty
$PKG_PATH...  Maybe I would have read that one line in the man page
more carefully if there was no result at all to begin with.  :-]