Hi,

I'm looking for a bit of help on how to write a sensible and safe (i.e. avoid
race conditions) ifstated.conf.

I have a scenario where I have a LACP trunk and on top of the trunk, I have
four carp interfaces.
So: trunk1 => carp0–3

Now, obviously I know I can monitor up/down on trunk1.

But what If I wanted to monitor the carp sub-interfaces too ? e.g. if I wanted
to have the flexibility to demote one (or more) of the carp interfaces for the
purposes of maintenance or traffic engineering.

Is there a sensible way to get around the problem of having to write ifstated
rules for every single possible combination/permutation ?

Thanks !

Rachel