Nick, thanks for straightening me out about what is actually going on here
with the install. I see that there is now a fresh snapshot with today's
date, not the one I downloaded and ran yesterday. This might tend to keep
one busy. I'm not sure I would not be better off doing what Bruno & Marc
suggested and run sysupgrade. Thanks to them for the advice.

If I do decide to put the filesets on the the install thumbdrive, I see a
total of 26 files in the directory. Obviously some are not necessary like
the floppy or both the .fs & .iso (just one needed), nor the test
instructions, etc.
So which files do I REALLY need on my usb thumbdrive to get a complete
install, x included?

Please excuse the "top-posting". That's the only way my darn google mail
does reply's. Kind of irritating, to me and the reader too.

Clay