On 2019-12-09 10:33, Theo de Raadt wrote:
> Demi M. Obenour <demioben...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Would it be possible to include the default AnonCVS mirrors’ SSH
>> fingerprints in the default ssh_known_hosts?
>
> There is no default ssh_known_hosts file.
>
>> If not, could it be included in another file in the base system?
>
> And teach users to trust us, rather than following best practice
> of doing signature checks?  No way.

I would be more than happy to do signature checks.  The problem is that
I have no idea where I can find a signed list of those fingerprints,
or another way of verifying them.  That’s why I asked!

If OpenBSD used GPG-signed Git commits or similar, I could verify
that, but it does not.  That isn’t meant as a criticism, BTW.
It just means that if I want to follow the -current source repository,
I need some way to verify the authenticity of the source code.

If there is something wrong with my reasoning, I would love to know.

Sincerely,

Demi