On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 10:25:57PM +1100, VanL wrote:

> > How good are the chances of the 'HoneyComb LX2K' running OpenBSD?  [1]
> >
> > Footnotes:
> > [1]  https://www.solid-run.com/nxp-lx2160a-family/honeycomb-workstation/
>
> For future reference, the more specific place to ask is a...@openbsd.org
> and the places to see before asking are:
>
>       https://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/arm64/INSTALL.arm64
>       https://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/6.6/arm64/INSTALL.arm64
>       https://www.openbsd.org/arm64.html

I thought about buying one, but that SoC is from another architecture
team at NXP which means that we'd need to another stack of drivers just
to support the SoC used there.  Though with ACPI some things might get
easier.

So, as of now, I don't think there's a chance OpenBSD runs on that LX2K
hardware, unless someone from us gets such a machine and starts writing
support for it.

Patrick