The "timeout" error was numerically 60.  Curiously, boards with RTL
8111GR chips did not produce these errors, but those with RTL 8111H
chips did.  Unfortunately, this chipset seems to be in a lot of newer
motherboards.

I didn't use ktrace/kdump.  The openmpi software returned the error
presented by readv/writev.

It sounds like the simplest solution at this point is to try
non-Realtek pcie network cards.  Any suggestions?  How are Intel or
Broadcom cards?

Dave Raymond

--
David J. Raymond