Ozgur,
AFAIK
with hyperthreading on
side channel attacks and other CPU vulnerabilities are much easier
to achieve.
also under certain workloads Hyperthreading actually reduces performance,
(where you have High packet rate  Network I/O for instance)

if you are using OpenBSD Current or Stable  smt is off by default
you can enable it by finding the sysctl containing "smt" and setting it to
1
but I would benchmark to see if you get a positive  performance
effect by enabling smt  for your particular workload.
smt increases security risk considerably
(in instances where you are running
 browsers on your system
virtual machines running for third parties on your system
(untrusted code running on your machine)
then SMT should probably be left off

Im sure  there have been some discussions about  it in the past and you
can check the archives,

Colin Percival gave a talk about CPU Vulnerabilities at the eurobsdcon
it will help paint the picture for you .

--
Kindest regards,
Tom Smyth.