On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 11:01:56PM +0100, zeurk...@volny.cz wrote:
> Haai,
>
> "Marc Espie" <es...@nerim.net> wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 08:56:06AM +0100, zeurk...@volny.cz wrote:
> >
> > You're looking at the wrong type. size_t is very good for what it does.
>
> Yes; meproblem is with the 'what it does' part.
It represents memory sizes. It works on anything with a sane
memory model.

> > Try uintptr_t
>
> Are you proposing a change to struct iovec?

Why should I ? readv works with sizes, so size_t is adequate.

You were mentionning caddr_t earlier. intptr_t and uintptr_t are
the adequate types for working with addresses. size_t is the adequate
family for working with sizes.

POSIX kind-of implies readv, which means that both realms tend of
mesh.

If you're on something where they don't, you're fucked.

Good luck.

What are you doing asking questions on an OpenBSD list, btw ?