On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 08:59:40PM GMT, b...@0x1bi.net wrote:
> I'm attempting to configure syslogd via syslog.conf. I've added two
> lines which log all doas events:
>
>       default configuration here...
>
>       !doas
>       *.* /var/log/doas
>
> However, after restarting syslogd and attempting to running commands
> through doas, /var/log/doas is not being created.
>
> Am I missing something? Is this exclusive to doas? Thank you in
> advance.
>
> Ben Raskin.

Hi Ben,

After syslogd(8) manual page:

        CAVEATS
             syslogd does not create files, it only logs to existing ones.

So, in general, after you make your changes to syslog.conf(5), i.e.:

        # install -m 0600 /dev/null /var/log/doas && rcctl reload syslogd

Also, don't forget about newsyslog(8)!

BTW, in case you aren't aware, doas usage is already logged into
/var/log/secure.

Regards,

Raf