hello,

On Mon, Mar 02, 2020 at 12:06:42PM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> Have you looked at:
>   man col
> ?

how can you come to the point to read the manpage of a command
that doesn't seems to be related to your problem (i was searching
something around the man input so i tried troff, mandoc, man, ...).

Reading from David, i thought col was mentionned in the man manpage.
I just read from a recent source of man.1 and realized my openbsd is
just too old. at the line 352:

    .Dl $ man -T ascii -O width=65 pledge | col -b

> And, for that matter, have you looked at
>    man col | cat -vet | less

well ... my idea was to remove noise. not add more.

> Alternatively, have you tried using any web searches on this topic?

i have to admit i try to avoid the web for many reasons so i try to
stick to manpages, FAQ, mailing list archives.

for the openbsd one, i use

    https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc

thanks for helping.

marc