I've had problems getting an old Brother printer to work (again)
and have managed to locate/understand? the source of the problems.

1. ulpt must be disabled:
# config -ef /bsd
ukc> disable ulpt
ukc> quit

2. modifying the kernel changes the kernel checksum so to get it to relink
sha256 -h /var/db/kernel.SHA256 /bsd

3. relinking the kernel _re-enables_ ulpt.

So I'm going to have install the build system and run thru the kernel patches
after I figure out how to disable ulpt in the GENERIC.MP build.

Does this sound like it will work?

RSVP

thanks,

Dhu