On Mon, 16 Mar 2020 09:49:30 +0100
pebwindkraft <pebwindkr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question concerning static routes and default gateways for a
> DMZ setup, with internal and external firewall.
> What would be the correct design?
> Can I use "only" the ext_fw with a static route, so that packages
> from DNS would travel twice through DMZ net (from DNS to ext_fw, and
> then from ext_fw via int_fw back to int_pc)?
>
> The information I found on misc@ and internet is usually talking
> about "home router" with NAT and three network cards, where one leg
> supplies the DMZ... Mine is different, and I think I do not need NAT
> here?

Hi,

I have similar setup. Being on public IP space, I treat my DMZ as
"Internet", meaning private IP addresses, either from Internet or
from internal network, must not be able to contact it.

So, I NAT everything from internal network to DMZ, which results in DNS
& http seing requestes from em1, and not from internal network.

Should you need more information don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

After  enlightenment - chop wood, draw water.

Marko Cupać
https://www.mimar.rs/