On 2020-03-16 03:59, Edd Barrett wrote:
Hi,

(CC people who may be knowledgable in this area)

I was wondering if anyone has got the Jitsi (https://jitsi.org/)
web-client working on OpenBSD?

It's open-source (and self-hostable) video conferencing.

No prizes for guessing why I'm investigating this :P

I've just (quickly) tried the browser client in firefox:

  - It recognises my microphone and my camera.
  - Thumbnail shows local video feed OK.
  - I can hear audio from an android participant.
  - The android participant cannot hear the audio from the OpenBSD machine.
  - The video is super-flaky on both ends.

Did this, as per firefox README:

  - I have sysctl kern.audio.record=1.
  - I chowned /dev/video0 to me.

This evening I'm going to have a deeper play around (e.g. verify if mic
works in aucat), but if anyone has got this working before, I'd love to
hear what tweaks they had to do.

Could be that the jitsi server is overloaded.

Thanks

You may also want to try out talky.io, its treated my me well over the years and has a very similar concept to jitsi.

Jordan

(ps sorry for sending you this twice, forgot to cc misc on my first attempt)