6.7-BETA (today's snapshot).

Lenovo ThinkPad P1 2nd gen with two NVMe inside.

Windows on /dev/sd1
Installed OpenBSD on /dev/sd0 (a 1TB Samsung 970 pro)
/dev/sd0 has had FreeBSD and Arch Linux on it successfully.

Installed via USB just fine. Fresh [W]hole disk install.
Just default install, no encryption or RAID.

BIOS has sd0 as the preferred startup device. But after reboot, Windows comes
up. Hmm…

I reboot with manual boot override to select sd0/OpenBSD.  Nope.  Won't.  Just
instantly goes back to menu.

So I installed same 6.7-BETA on an external SSD via USB-eSATA.
Same thing. Installed fine. But laptop won't let it boot from that drive.

In BIOS: "secure boot" and "memory protection" all off. And FWIW, settings
haven't changed since FreeBSD was running successfully on this laptop yesterday.

Any suggestions on what else I could try to make it boot?

Thank you.