Just a note to the OpenBSD community:
I have been helping a friend clean up after a security incident with a
PHP web app that hadn't been patched on a Linux server.  I run the same
app on OpenBSD, and I worry a lot less.  I still patch my PHP apps
because it would be stupid to assume that OpenBSD would always protect
me, but looking at how the exploit happened, I see that OpenBSD's apache
chroot would have prevented that particular attack.
So:
* Developers: Thanks for the proactive security!
* Users: Put the effort into making your stuff work in the chroot.

--
Will Backman - Network Administrator
Coastal Enterprises, Inc.