On Sun, 12 Apr 2020 at 08:24, slackwaree <slackwa...@protonmail.com> wrote:

> You don't want wine anyway. That is the shining example of badly written
> software which sucked 15 years ago the same way it does today. T

Provided Wine is now broken on most modern OSes that only ship with
64-bit binaries, there are tons of reasons why Wine is still relevant.
There are gazillions of abandonware (badly) written for old versions
of Windows (Win 3.* up to XP) that don't even run properly on Windows
10 but run beautifully on Wine. I have to thank Wine for getting my
amateur licence because I had to run a multiple question trainer
written circa 2006. Not to mention countless old electrical/electronic
software that nobody is bothered porting to 64-bit *nix.

--
Ottavio Caruso