Patrick Harper <paia...@fastmail.com> wrote:

> I mean that all Chromium releases are made available for OpenBSD-stable
> (excluding the previous release at any given time, as with all existing port
> maintenance).

So you want constant Chromium updates in -stable.

Who's going to do that?

Are you going to do it?

And why pick only on Chromium.  Should the same policy be to update all
*all* packages to -stable, all the time, continuously?

Who's going to do that?

Won't we need twice as many people, so that -current ports are maintained,
as well as -stable ports?  Or if we can't find more people, won't that mean
a reduction in development of packages in the next release?  Which means
that -current won't get updated, which means -stable will fall behind
even further?

You don't seem to know this:  -stable is done by *one person*

> My understanding of -current is that it is meant for testing, not usage.

-current turns into a -release.  So if you don't want good -release,
which will be followed by good -stable, then how do you think this is
going to work?

You don't think.  You just believe deliverable-product you can conceive
of being possible, should be delivered to you.  Probably on a silver
plate?

I believe I've identified the problem precisely.  It is not a software
problem, it is a people with out-of-touch expectation problem.  It may be
connected to "the less people pay, the more they expect".  It might also
be connected to "wow this group looks open, I can participate by demanding
they do things for me".