Hello,

I am trying to get an Intel atom mini itx board running as an OpenBSD 6.6
NAS.
I've got the necessary daemons running on the mini itx board:

> doas rcctl ls started
cron
httpd
mountd
nfsd
ntpd
pflogd
portmap
slaacd
smtpd
sndiod
sshd
syslogd

and exports is set up:

> cat /etc/exports
/home/nathan/shared -alldirs -ro

I am mounting this from my laptop which runs on arch linux at the moment.
On the linux client machine, this is the relevant line from mount:

192.168.1.4:/home/nathan/shared on /home/nathan/mnt type nfs
(rw,relatime,vers=3,rsize=65536,wsize=65536,namlen=255,hard,proto=tcp,timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=sys,mountaddr=192.168.1.4,mountvers=3,mountport=997,mountproto=udp,local_lock=none,addr=192.168.1.4)

I can copy small files over nfs, but anything large takes way too long.
I've read rsync isn't necessarily the best way to gauge transfer speed, but
rsync shows I'm getting about 38kB/s transfer speed. For comparison, I
tried using sshfs to mount the same directory on the itx to the same
location on the linux system and I get ~1.1MB/s, wow! Even that isn't
great, but I'm the laptop is on wifi and I figure I can get to more tuning
later.

It seems clear I'm not (just) dealing with hardware limitations in this nfs
mount. What else can I do to debug this?

Thanks,
Nathan