Thanks Otto,

Now I still don't know what could cause the double fault, I see no
interrupt related code in rtable_l2. What am I missing ? I would like
to investigate more but I'm not really a kernel developer.

The wikipedia page says it has to be a kernel bug, as in not from
userland. It also says it would probably not happen on SPARC64. X86
has some flawed designs at its core

I have a small diff for >2GB ext2fs partitions though I don't see how
it could be related ?

--
 Thomas de Grivel
 kmx.io