On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 08:00:05PM +0200, Alessandro De Laurenzis wrote:
> Hello Alexandre,
>
> On 20/04/2020 - 19:50, Alexandre Ratchov wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 07:35:03PM +0200, Alessandro De Laurenzis wrote:
> > > Hello Alexandre,
> > >
> > > Thanks for your prompt feedback.
> > >
> > > On 20/04/2020 - 18:00, Alexandre Ratchov wrote:
> > > [...]
> > > >

> > > Yes, that's the root cause and prefixing the sndioctl command with doas
> > > makes the trick. Unfortunately, this solution isn't applicable to my
> > > use-case, since there are several users that can log in this machine...
> > >
> > > Are there any alternatives?
> >
> > mixerctl still works for root.
> >

> I'm a bit confused now... so why the previous usbhidaction configuration
> (which was aligned to the manpage suggestions and worked flawlessly for
> years) doesn't work anymore?

Sorry, few weeks ago mixerctl was changed to use /dev/audioctlN
instead of /dev/mixerN (which was just removed), but the
usbhidaction(1) man page was not updated. Now it's fixed.

The sample invocation line should read:

usbhidaction -f /dev/uhid1 -c conf /dev/audioctl0

Tested on my setup, let me know if it works for you.