Hi misc@,

I am trying to make audio records from my web cam but
cannot succeed in doing it.
I read the FAQ, aucat(1), audioctl(1) and sndiod(8) man pages (but I
certainly misunderstood them) and searched the mailing list.
I think they are obvious things I simply don't understand, any help
welcome.

Looks like my webcam is recognized by the system

$ dmesg|grep audio
audio0 at azalia1
uaudio0 at uhub0 port 3 configuration 1 interface 3 "Logitech product 0x0808"
rev 2.00/0.09 addr 2
uaudio0: class v1, high-speed, sync, channels: 0 play, 1 rec, 2 ctls
audio1 at uaudio0

I switched recording on, as advised in the FAQ
$ /usr/bin/doas /usr/sbin/sysctl kern.audio.record=1
kern.audio.record: 1 -> 1

$ aucat -f /dev/audio1 -o test.wav
/dev/audio1: couldn't open audio device

$ audioctl -f /dev/audio1
audioctl: /dev/audio1: Device not configured

I understand I should use sndiod, but doing
# sndiod -f /dev/audio1
did not help, even after
# rcctl restart sndiod

What did I miss? My user is member of wheel, I understand he should have
access to /dev/audio1

Damien Thiriet