On Thursday 23 February 2006 11:40, Bob Beck wrote:
> > Bit of a openBSD n00b here. How would I go about listening to
> > pflog0? I thought that required tcpdump running. What I want it
> > running continuously on a small, dedicated firewall box (concerned
> > about processing power as well as security)?

>         man pflog
>
>         If you have ADD and can't read the whole thing
>
>         man pflog | grep tcpdump

I don't have ADD but apparently I don't spell all that correctly. So
with the misspelled word "What" replaced with "Would", parts of my
How would I go about listening to pflog0? I
thought that required tcpdump running. Would I want it running
continuously on a small, dedicated firewall box (concerned about
processing power as well as security)?
IOW, from your experience, is tcpdump safe in this scenario and is it's
overhead minimal?

Thanks.

Chris