> On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 03:21:38AM -0800, Tony Sterrett wrote:
>> I just compiled python2.4 which recommended for Zope 2.9.0. There a
>> small glitch in configure. You'll get an error like below. Its late
>> so just all reference to define_xopen_source starting around 1488.
>> this has to do with select. But the configure file is not set up to
>> handle kqueue/kqueue declartion of u_short and u_long. This
>> configuration file doesn't handle 3.8 either. After removing
>> define_xopen_source it compiled and tested.
>>
>> ---
>> OpenBSD/2.* | OpenBSD/3.@<:@0123456@:>@)
>>      define_xopen_source=no;;
>
> why don't you use the python-2.4 packages, or the ports system?

This was the python version recommended. The last python available
from ports was installed at the time it was recognized by the build
script and gave me the option of forcing the use of the older
version. How's that for service. I'm just trying to reduce the space
which i will have to search when a problem occurs.

Respectfully,
Tony Sterrett

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Consultant in Open Source Software, featuring OpenBSD and Linux.
www.sterrett.net
(858) 433-1467 San Diego
(408) 705-2135 San Jose