Hello Again,

Actually I updated the /etc/ttys file and add my program instead of getty.
However, after boot, there was still OpenBSD login prompt before my program
started.

On the other hand, I tried chpass -s $myprogram $user, but still I'm faced with
the same problem again, there was OpenBSD login prompt..

In short,  I want to disable OpenBSD login prompt and execute my program. If
user exits this external program, my program should run again etc.

---- On Thu, 21 May 2020 01:53:29 +0200 Jeff Joshua Rollin
<j...@jeffjoshua.club> wrote ----

On Wed, 2020-05-20 at 17:00 -0500, Edgar Pettijohn wrote:
> On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 09:50:17PM +
> >
> > I believe /etc/ttys controls getty, which may or not help. Getty is
> > respawned too.
> > https://man.openbsd.org/man5/ttys.5
>
> I think you're right. Might just need to change a line in /etc/ttys
> execute /bin/{my_program}.
>
> Edgar

Perhaps a better way would be just to change the user's login shell to
the name of your program: chpass -s $myprogram $user. That way you can
use OpenBSD's login authentication, and login automatically runs the
program when the user logs in; when the user quits the program they are
automatically logged out. Provided there's no way to execute a shell
from within the program, they therefore can't execute arbitrary code
once logged in. It's easy to add a user for this single purpose: just
add the user as normal, and specify $myprogram as the shell.

Jeff.