I've witnessed the same bug twice now, couldn't find
kernel err msg last time in the logs. I took a note
this time.

kernel: protection fault trap, code=0
Stopped at      drm_mode_rmfb_work_fn+0x37:     movq    %rdx,0x8(%rcx)
ddb{1}>

On both instances, the error was triggered when I logout
from xenodm. (CMS-q). Also this occured after a sysupgrade
in both cases.

On a separate case, I'm coming a across a new behaviour
during startup.

drm : drm_WARN_ON(!IS_PLATFORM(dev_priv, INTEL_SKYLAKE) &&
!IS_PLATFORM(dev_priv,
INTEL_KABYLAKE))drm_connector_attach_content_protection_property: stub
drm_connector_attach_content_protection_property: stub
drm_connector_attach_content_protection_property: stub
i915_perf_register: stub
debugfs_gt_register: stub

After the first "drm :" I get a connection lost signal on
my monitor. Then display comes through after a few seconds
while turning up startup scripts.

There used to be short time during shift to inteldrm and
no connection was lost either. I'm just putting this across
since both cases are related to drm.