Hi George,

did you solved the issue? I remember that I faces similar thing when I
installed headless ubuntu as a guest … My issue was related to the fact that I
used ‚boot cdrom‘ directive inside my configuration (seems that there is a bit
inconsistency between the man page and the real configuration).

This is is a relevant piece of my config:
vm "ubuntu" {
        memory 2G
        cdrom /data/vms/_iso/mini-serial.iso
        disk /data/vms/ubuntu.raw
        interface tap { switch "uplink" }
        disable
}

I had bad experience with usage of qcow2 disk format for Linux based guests —
especially when you’re trying to do dozens of I/O operations — several disk
containers crashed before I migrated them to raw format.

if you have more than 4 vms, don’t forget to create another /dev/tap<X> device,
otherwise you could expect the unexpectable behaviour :)