Daniel,

Thanks for taking the time to test this out.
I just reloaded a test machine from scratch with -current and
installed the HAProxy 2.0.15-4f39279 package.
I loaded a very basic config file, and am also seeing the same exact
issue on this one as well.
Very strange that you are not -
Would you mind sharing any additional details of your config file?
Is there anything special about the certificate you have on the backend server?

I would love to understand what is going on here and what the
difference is with my experience.