On 2020-07-10 15:37, Alfred Morgan wrote:
Please, I have had this problem for several versions now and it still isn't
working right.
I have this on all three of my servers:
echo boot > /etc/boot.conf

I have this boot.conf because openbsd fails to boot (on all three servers)
because it hangs on the boot> prompt because of some ghost input (I have no
keyboard plugged in). So I was told that putting "boot" in my boot.conf
would solve the problem and it did the trick. BUT, sysupgrade now fails
trying to upgrade 6.6 -> 6.7. So what can I put in my boot.conf that will
ignore the ghost input in the boot> prompt and allow sysupgrade to succeed?

I feel that it's a bug in sysupgrade that it doesn't behave the same having
"boot" in the boot.conf. Any help?

-alfred

Relevant xkcd? https://xkcd.com/1172/