Hi Todd

I'm using below [0] command.
[0] nmap  --script ssl-enum-ciphers -p 25 XX.YY.ZZ.QQ

The version information of nmap  (nmap --version)
   Nmap version 7.80 ( https://nmap.org )
   Platform: x86_64-unknown-openbsd6.7
   Compiled with: liblua-5.3.5 openssl-3.1.1 libssh2-1.9.0 libz-1.2.3
libpcre-8.41 nmap-libpcap-1.9.0 nmap-libdnet-1.12 ipv6
   Compiled without:
   Available nsock engines: kqueue poll select

I used the script which comes with nmap installation (OpenBSD
volgograd.domainname.tld 6.7 GENERIC#4 amd64)
As a demonstration, i use same command twice and sharing the sommand
outputs here. As you can see in my first attempt, port 25 is open and
second time the command returns it as closed.

    root@volgograd:~# date; nmap  --script ssl-enum-ciphers -p 25
XX.YY.ZZ.QQ
    Fri Jul 17 20:58:51 +03 2020
    Starting Nmap 7.80 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2020-07-17 20:58 +03
    Nmap scan report for mx.podworin.com (149.210.164.55)
    Host is up (0.000043s latency).

    PORT   STATE SERVICE
    25/tcp open  smtp

    Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 1.10 seconds

    root@volgograd:~# date; nmap  --script ssl-enum-ciphers -p 25
XX.YY.ZZ.QQ
    Fri Jul 17 20:58:54 +03 2020
    Starting Nmap 7.80 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2020-07-17 20:58 +03
    Nmap scan report for mx.podworin.com (149.210.164.55)
    Host is up (0.000040s latency).

    PORT   STATE  SERVICE
    25/tcp closed smtp

    Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.78 seconds

Also i tried your nmap command example. The results are same.

    root@volgograd:~# nmap -sV -Pn -p 25,587 --version-intensity 8 --script
ssl-enum-ciphers XX.YY.ZZ.QQ
    Starting Nmap 7.80 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2020-07-17 21:10 +03
    Nmap scan report for mx.domainname.tld (XX.YY.ZZ.QQ)
    Host is up (0.000045s latency).

    PORT    STATE SERVICE VERSION
    25/tcp  open  smtp    OpenSMTPD
    587/tcp open  smtp    OpenSMTPD
    Service Info: Host: volgograd.domainname.tld

    Service detection performed. Please report any incorrect results at
https://nmap.org/submit/ .
    Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 1.95 seconds
    root@volgograd:~# nmap -sV -Pn -p 25,587 --version-intensity 8 --script
ssl-enum-ciphers XX.YY.ZZ.QQ
    Starting Nmap 7.80 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2020-07-17 21:10 +03
    Nmap scan report for mx.domainname.tld (XX.YY.ZZ.QQ)
    Host is up (0.000040s latency).

    PORT    STATE  SERVICE    VERSION
    25/tcp  closed smtp
    587/tcp closed submission

    Service detection performed. Please report any incorrect results at
https://nmap.org/submit/ .
    Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 1.28 seconds

Todd C. Miller <todd.mil...@sudo.ws>, 17 Tem 2020 Cum, 17:52 tarihinde şunu

--
*There is no place like "/home"*
*Tuco (Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria) Ramirez*